Choosing the correct course for you is an important decision to make as this decision impacts your career path and the prospects that come with it. It can also be quite an overwhelming choice to make due to the wide variety of courses available.
Because of this, it’s important to take into account all of the factors which can help when choosing the right course for you, to ensure you are happy in your chosen course but also financially, as courses can be costly to pursue.
International House Belfast offers a range of English courses to suit all abilities. For more information on the list of courses on offer, please contact a member of our team who will be happy to assist you with your enquiry.
So, if you are interested in some tips on how to ensure you choose the right Business English course for your industry, stay tuned.
Business English courses – What to consider
Before you commit to a Business English Course, it’s important to evaluate which factors are important to you and to think about what you hope to achieve from the course.
You should look at your current job role or the industry of your choice to see what the requirements are. These requirements will help you narrow down what you need to gain and learn from the Business English Course to ensure you are getting the most out of it.
Some factors to consider when choosing a Business English Course include:
- Does your job role require you to speak English on a daily basis?
- Does your job role require both spoken and written English? If so, are you confident in both?
- Are you comfortable conversing with native English speakers?
- Note down things you are perhaps less comfortable with- this can include things like engaging in small talk or any interactions you feel you could benefit from some assistance with.
- Are there any specific goals you need help achieving with your Business English Course? For example, a future presentation?
- Have you set aside time and a budget for the Business English Course?
By answering these questions, this will help ensure you are choosing the right Business English Course for the industry you wish to work in or currently work in.
Questions For The Training Provider Of Your Business English Course
When choosing a Business English Course, it’s important to check out the provider of your course. The provider of your course will be able to answer any questions you may have about specifics and put any worries you may have at ease.
We have included some examples below of things you could ask the training provider of your Business English Course when choosing one for the industry of your choice:
- How can you help with any specific needs I have when learning?
- For example, engaging in small talk, preparing for a presentation etc. – will your training provider be able to help with this? Listing your requirements to your training provider will help ensure they recommend the right course for you.
- What qualifications do you receive at the end of the Business English Course?
- For example, are there any exams or is the course assignment based? And what proof of completion do you receive at the end of the course? This is important as some job roles may require proof of completion.
- Have your training providers worked with individuals from my industry before?
- Good training providers will be able to give you examples of other organisations or businesses they have worked with in your industry to ensure the course you are choosing is right for your career path.
- Will there be opportunities during courses to apply what you have learnt?
- It’s important to check with your training provider how they plan to test out what you have learned. For example, will there be oral and written exams or role play scenarios? This is to ensure there will be ways to measure your learning during the course.
Are You Interested In Studying A Business English Course At International House Belfast?
If you’re interested in learning more about the range of English courses we have on offer at International House Belfast, please contact us for more information and one of our team will be happy to help you with your query.
You can find more information on the courses available at our other locations here:
Courses at International House Galway
Courses at International House Manchester
Courses at International House Portsmouth
Courses at International House Bristol
No matter where you are located in the UK or Ireland, the International House family can help facilitate your language learning process through its partner locations at Galway, Manchester, Portsmouth and Bristol.