Homestay accommodation allows you to immerse yourself in local culture, using English with your hosts at every opportunity so that you are learning even when you’re not in the classroom!
We have carefully selected local hosts who offer single-room accommodation on a half board basis. We also have a limited number of Executive Homestays with private bathroom available on request. Our hosts are warm, welcoming, helpful and will make every effort to include you in local culture.
Our hosts are families, couples and single people. We have chosen them for you because they have clean, comfortable homes near the school, and they offer a friendly welcome to our students. We visit all our host families regularly to make sure the accommodation they offer is of the highest standard.
Hosts provide two meals a day (breakfast and dinner), a private bedroom with somewhere to put your clothes, and a table to work at. We never place two students who speak the same language in the same home, so you will have plenty of opportunity to practise your English!
When you arrive, your host will show you how to get to school on the first morning. Most hosts live within 20-30 minutes of the school on foot or by public transport. Belfast’s bus services are operated by Translink. Depending on the location of the homestay, a single journey to the school on the ‘Metro’ and ‘Glider’ services costs between £1.60 and £2.40. You can buy multi-journey and combination tickets on the website or at stations in the city.
Homestay prices 2022
|Accommodation Type||Price per week (Sun-Sat)||Extra night (Sat arrival/Sun departure)|
|Single room half board||£165||£27|
|Executive room (private bathroom) half board||£195||£33|
|Couple sharing half board||£270||£47|
|Couple sharing (private bathroom) half board||£320||£55|
- There is an accommodation placement fee of £50 on all accommodation bookings. Placement fee is also applicable to accommodation changes during a stay.
- ‘Extra night’ usually available for arrival one night early (Saturday) or departure one day night late (Sunday). Please check availability.
- Breakfast and dinner every day
- One load of laundry per week/full use of laundry facilities
- Your own key to the house for your independence
- Fresh towels and fresh bedding provided weekly